Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

Afrikan Boy – Hit Em Up





''On his continual rise in the UK music scene, afrobeat and grime fusion rap artist Afrikan Boy, strikes again with his Fela Kuti sampled official debut single “Hit Em Up” set to drop 22nd September 2013”.
The track is sure to blaze up the UK scene and prep for the anticipated debut LP “AB CD” to be released early this winter. Produced by New York outfit ‘The Two Fifteens’, Afrikan Boy aka Captain Afrika showcases the naturally funny observational humour that has won him his diverse fan base.
“Hit Em Up” is an afrobeat grime infused uptempo floor filler. AB recounts his re- emergence covering university days and his musical journey. The video is a vibrant montage of the mighty Fela Kuti cut with images celebrating Mama Africa with shots of Afrikan Boy in London detailing what it means to live and work in the UK as an African. “ My father always played Fela in the house when I was young, his music is my cultural compass to where my family came from” says Afrikan Boy “Hit Em Up is a part of my story as an artist in the UK expressing my dual cultural upbringing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment